Thursday, February 08, 2007

Seoul searching

Monday is a national holiday. I’m not really sure what the occasion is. They have a lot of national holidays here in Japan and it’s something I don’t question.

So I’m taking a day off tomorrow and heading to South Korea to visit two friends from Vancouver who are now living in Seoul. It should be fun. I hear Seoul has good food and an exciting nightlife.

Actually, I just made that up. I don’t know anything about Seoul. I haven’t even made it past the three-page introduction in my Lonely Planet guidebook. But I flipped through some of the pages with pictures on them and it looks like the kind of place that has good food and an exciting nightlife.

As for my decision to prolong my stay in Japan or head back home in August, I still haven’t made up my mind. My supervisor keeps pushing back the deadline. Now I have until next Friday to decide. It’s maddening! I’m so sick of agonizing over it. I just want to get the decision over with already!

I’m hoping the next four days in Seoul will help clarify things. Or maybe I'll just enjoy the good food and the exciting nightlife and try not to think about it.

No comments: