Monday, March 13, 2006

The Bad Google: What do people find when they Google you?

There's a highly entertaining article in today's National Post about the rise of the bad Google. The bad Google is what happens when you're embarrassed by what turns up when you type your name in a Google search.

For example, I used to have the third biggest butt on the Internet. If you went to Google, did an image search and typed in "big butt," there it was. My little butt was the third image to pop up on the screen. Out of thousands of pictures of the world's chunkiest bums!

And now the story about my high Google ranking in the "big butt" category is chronicled in today's newspaper.

I felt slightly ridiculous talking to a National Post reporter about my ass. She interviewed me on the phone while I was at work, and I spent most of the conversation trying to block out the sound of snickering coworkers eavesdropping on the other side of the cubicle wall.

I told the reporter I found out about my bad Google after I started getting e-mails from guys with ass fetishes who wanted to chat.

In case you're wondering how my butt ended up on the Internet, it's all very innocent. I posted a picture of my (clothed) butt to go along with this story about how I was packing some extra junk in the trunk after I couldn't exercise because of a foot injury.

Eventually, my bad Google disappeared. I guess they discovered my butt's not actually big.

No comments: