Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Five weird things about me

A lot of bloggers have been playing this fun little game where you post five weird things about yourself and then invite five other people to do the same thing. No one tagged me but I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon anyway. Is that weird?

Here goes:

1. I don't have any cavities. Which is weird considering my chocolate consumption keeps the Belgian economy booming.

2. I remember being born. No one believes me when I say this. But it's true. I swear! I remember being all confused and scared. I was like, "What’s happening? Where am I? Who are these people? Help!" According to my parents, I was born into a tub of water in a room with soft lighting and mood music. I'm told this was a groovy thing to do back in 1974. It was thought to make the transition from womb to world less traumatic. But that flaky New Age shit didn't work on me. I was too freaked out by my claustrophobic trip down the birth canal.

3. When I was in high school, I stopped drinking pop because I thought it gave me zits. I blamed the carbonation. I thought the bubbles entered my bloodstream and then traveled through my veins up to my head where they fizzed and popped under my skin. Beer, however, was exempt from this theory.

4. I get scared easily. I can't watch movies like the Exorcist or shows like the X-Files without getting nightmares. To me, E.T. was a horror movie. My dad took me to see it in the theatre when I was eight years old. I spent most of the movie with my hands over my eyes, frozen in fear. I was terrified of the ugly little alien. I remember feeling happy when he was dying because that meant I wouldn't have to look at him anymore. I wanted E.T. to die.

5. I like to dance while I wash the dishes.

UPDATE: Oops. I forgot to tag five other people. I’d like to see Andrew Coyne, Stephen Harper, Paul Wells, Monte Solberg and Maude Barlow reveal their inner weirdo. Nicole, you can play too.

No comments: