Saturday, April 16, 2005

I am never eating at White Spot again!

It turns out my 12-hour vomit marathon was caused by a side order of the Norwalk virus served up at White Spot.

I spoke with Bill at White Spot head office who said there were two outbreaks of Norwalk near Nanaimo recently and that at least four people who ate at the same White Spot I did also got violently ill. He passed along my number to the regional health inspector who is hot on the case and told me that White Spot is taking this "very, very seriously."

I hope taking this "very, very seriously" includes lots of cold hard cash for my pain and suffering.

I still feel dizzy and weak. Although I no longer feel nauseous, I have zero appetite and have to force myself to eat. On the upside, I have completely lost any cravings for junk food and my ass has shrunk enough to fit into my jeans.

Speaking of the sponsorship scandal (okay, I wasn’t actually speaking of it but I’m too weak and dizzy to think of a better transition sentence), I am not happy to see a new poll that shows the Reform Party (oops, I mean "Conservative Party") is making major gains in voter support. Yoikes!

Call me crazy but I’d rather have a corrupt government than a scary one. Stealing taxpayers’ money pales in comparison to passing a law defining marriage as being between a man and a woman. And that’s exactly what the Conservative Party will do if they come to power. I'm not defending the Liberals. It's more of a "lesser of two evils" thing.

Lest we forget, Stephen Harper was that guy who stood up in the House of Commons and said the "silent majority of Canadians" supported the Bush-led war in Iraq. Paul Martin may be a dithering Prime Minister, but Stephen Harper would be a dangerous one.

3 comments:

thestraightpoop said...

Hey Sarah - are you feeling better? Sorry to hear about your bout with Norwalk. Yech.

There's some consolation in the fact that you didn't find a finger in your food!

"Somewhere out there is a woman, dead or alive, who is missing a well-manicured finger about four centimetres long.


Authorities know where the finger ended up - in a bowl of Wendy's chili - but just who it belongs is a mystery. Anna Ayala's claim that she bit down on the finger in a mouthful of her steamy stew on March 22 initially drew sympathy. But when police and health officials failed to find any missing digits among the workers involved in the restaurant's supply chain, suspicion fell on Ayala, and her story has become a late-night punch line.

"She went back there for lunch today - she's trying to collect all five," quipped David Letterman."

Eeew.

Tamara

Sarah Marchildon said...

I love that story. When I was in New Brunswick, I did a story on a woman who found a fingertip in a can of cat food. I'm feeling better now :)

Sarah

Kathryn said...

dollars to doughnuts they give you Whitespot gift certificates to compensate for your "inconvenience". Glad to hear you're feeling betetr.

KC